This just in…..but not new: If you are consuming the right type of coffee moderately, studies have demonstrated that your body may have lower risks for age-related brain problems such as dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease. New data is also suggesting that drinking coffee is positively correlated with the reduction risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease and organ damage. Now that is some great news for our current stimulated generation! How is this possible you ask? Coffee has an amazing ability to lower inflammation in the body and quiet the chemical stresses in the brain.
What type of coffee are you drinking?
First things first. Know that not all coffee is grown, harvested and treated equally. I’ll save you all the confusion and just get right to it. Here is what you should be looking for when trying to optimize your caffeine and brain boosting fix:
- Drink organic coffee, esp look for ones that have had their beans soaked in water and then drained before roasting. This will keep the beneficial polyphenols and yield higher chlorogenic acid… Look for “polyphenol-retaining” coffees.
- Drink between 2-4 cups of the above types of coffee a day (this is a moderate amount)Coffee has many bio active chemicals that have protective effects against stomach cancer
Here are some huge coffee boosting benefits for the whole body:
- Coffee helps to improve immune response in brains of mice with Alzheimer’s disease
- Coffee has shown to decrease cognitive decline (loss of learning and memory without impairment)
- Coffee has been shown to have protective effects on the fundamental cellular and molecular levels of tissues and organs
So this is very good news to us coffee and caffeine lovers. If you want more information on where to buy antioxidant coffee, visit Life Extension and look for “Rich Rewards”- a Polyphenol-Retained Coffee
Source: Life Extension October 2017