If you are not a regular user of essential oils, here is your chance to get a quick glance at just how effective these 12 essential oils are for you and your family’s health. Essential oils come from the plant stems, roots, leaves, flowers and have zero side effects (unlike over the counter drugs and supplements). Though not all essential oils are created equally, this list will give you a general idea on how some powerful oils can keep your body strong, ward off pesky foreign pathogens and keep the flu bug away.
1. Oregano: is very “spicy” but strong and aggressive against all microbes and it helps with digestive problems and is anti-inflammatory. The closest thing to antibiotics.
2. Thyme oil: is very powerful oil on viruses and has demonstrated protective properties for liver, kidneys and the heart due to its very high antioxidant properties.
3. Fennel oil: strengthens digestion, expels parasites and supports and raises overall metabolism. Great anti-bruising oil and speeds up recovery.
4. Clove: is highly protective, and is the most powerful antioxidant in nature. Also a great numbing agent for gums and teeth aches.
5. Frankincense Essential Oil (Boswellia carteri): has anti-depressant, anti-infectious and immune stimulating properties. A very powerful oil! The high sesquiterpenes level stimulates and oxygenates the limbic system of the brain which elevates our mood and helps us relax (overcome stress).
6. Idaho Tansy Oil: This oil has been shown to have an antiviral, antibacterial, anti-infectious and anti-inflammatory property. It is supportive to the immune system.
7. Lemon or Lime: PH balancing and detoxing, also cleansing agent for the body.
8. Hyssop Oil: has an anti-infectious, antiviral, decongestant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic property. It discharges toxins from the body.
9. Ravensara Oil: has an antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, antiseptic, antiviral and expectorant property. It is a cross between the nutmeg and clove plants so it may support the adrenals.
10. Mountain Savory Oil: has an immune stimulant, antiviral, antifungal anti-infectious and anti-parasitic property.
11. Cistus Oil: has an antibacterial anti-infectious and antiviral property. It may assist the auto-immune system and help reduce the body of scrapes and cuts.
12. Cumin: has an antiseptic and immune stimulant property.
Sources: Experience-Essential-Oils.com, NaturalNews.com, GoodLivingEssentialOils.com