Though used in many parts of the world for already many decades, the knowledge of this amazing Moringa Oleifera plant that originates in northern areas of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan is just now spreading to the Americas. This almost miracle-like plant’s leaves, bark, flowers, fruits, seeds and roots are used to treat many diseases from asthma to thyroid diseases. Read more to learn why maybe looking into having Moringa Oleifera products in your house may be a beneficial step toward optimal health.
Below are ways the Moringa Oleifera plant has been shown to help when ingested orally:
- “Asthma. In an early study, taking 3 grams of moringa twice daily for three weeks reduced asthma symptoms and the severity of asthma attacks in adults. (available in powder or tea, oil and tincture form)
- Increasing breast milk production. Early evidence suggests that taking 250 mg of a specific moringa supplement (Natalac) twice daily after childbirth increases breast milk production. Caution: Pregnant women are suggested to stay away from roots and extracts of this plant. Paralysis and death have been documented when roots and extracts have exceeded 6 doses daily).
- “Tired blood” (anemia).
- Arthritis or other inflammatory diseases.
- Cancer or other chronic disease.
- Bowel Problems such as Constipation and Diarrhea.
- Birth control.
- Stomach pain (gastritis).
- Stomach and intestinal ulcers.
- Heart problems.
- High blood pressure.
- Kidney stones.
- Swelling (inflammation).
- Thyroid disorders.
- As a nutritional supplement.
- Stimulating immunity.
- Increasing sex drive.
- Other conditions.
Below are ways the Moringa Oleifera plant has been shown to help when applied topically to skin:
- Athlete’s foot and other skin dermatitis.
- Dandruff and psoriasis.
- Skin infections.
- Gum disease (gingivitis).
- Other conditions.
Many nutriceutical and health care companies are now seeing moringa’s effect on appetite suppressing and sell moringa as a diet aid. The seeds from the moringa plant are used in foods, to produce oils, perfumes, hair and skin products, fertilizer, water purifier, desalination tool and as a machine lubricant. Indeed, It is a very interesting and versatile product.
Source: WebMd, photo credit: moringa-drumstick.com, balancedbabe.com,