If you have a facebook account, you have probably clicked on an article that is really a hidden ad for Garcinia Cambogia, a weight loss miracle that is said to have no negative side effects but help you become shredded. Yes, this sounds too good to be true (so probably is). What is Garcinia Cambogia? It is a plant where the fruit rind is used to make medicine. Marketed as a very inexpensive and natural (even organic) pumpkin-shaped fruit native to Indonesia, this miracle supplement is all the rage. I think the words, “scientifically proven to tear away fat from your body” is its mission statement. Let’s look at the promises:
- An Effective Weight Loss Supplement
- Boosts Metabolism
- A Good Appetite Suppressant
- Lower Blood Cholesterol
- Help People Deal With Stress
- Promotes An Increased in Muscle Mass
- Helps People With Diabetes
- Improves Immune Function
- Rich in calcium, phosphorus, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin
- Caffeine Free
- Stimulant Free
Possible Side Effects?
- Digestive tract discomfort
Where to get it?
- Because the internet is so pervasive and companies can deliver to even the most remote places of the world, most people will find this supplement available on line or at local health food and supplement stores. Like all supplements, there is little to no oversight and regulation on the ingredients and production process, so pretty much you should assume all the risk when making purchases. If it is from China, I would pass, no matter how big the promise and low the dollar amount.
- When researching for Garcinia cambogia supplements, but those that are at least 60% HCA-Hydroxycitric Acid, a substance found in tropical plants that aid in fat loss. (the active ingredient for weight loss)
- The most basic recommended Garcinia cambogia supplement is Garcinia Pure, which is packed with the highest-quality Garcinia sold anywhere. It has 500mg of Garcinia Cambogia per capsule standardized at 50% HCA. It is recommended that you take 2-3 capsules per day (one before each meal). People new to this supplement should start off with 1 capsule a day before meal time.
The appropriate dose of garcinia depends on several factors:
The user’s age
Overall body health
Existing chronic disease
Presence of liver and metabolic disease
I always suggest that no single food product or supplement will deliver whole body weight loss. There is no magic formula in the scientific world when it comes to inside and outside functional health. No pill will do that for you. It’s good ole’ hard work.
Expectations with Garcinia Cambogia:
This pure Garcinia Cambogia extract works in so many different ways. Not only does it help with suppressing appetite, but it helps prevent fat from being made and produced while increasing that feel good feeling. People should expect to feel full longer, and in time, allowing the consumer to eat less.
3 Steps to follow before making a purchase:
1. Avoid brands that claim to be “Dr. Oz” brands. This is a clear scam indicator because Doctor Oz does not endorse any specific brand names.
2. Avoid supplements that are coming from China (I am Chinese and I am saying this). It is not a secret that they are usually of a lower quality and filled with various fillers.
3. Do not skimp on high quality supplements (though many times it may be hard to discipher which brands are the best). Go with reputable brands. Remember that It is expensive to produce high quality and powerful garcinia cambogia. High quality product should cost at least $50-$60 USD.